Sunday, May 2, 2010

Keeping Up

Wow - I just realized that I haven't updated in a while. Not that I feel like I need to update this thing every day or even every week, but there has been so much going on.
We had Spring Break a few weeks ago. It was really an odd break for us. Andrew and I went in one direction and John and Bryan went in another. WHAT? Yes we did! I couldn't believe it, but we did. John and Bryan had a blast fishing in Cherokee North Carolina and I had a really great time in Lexington, KY with my mom and grandma. My grandmother is re-doing her kitchen and so we spend hours of shopping for new stuff to sit around and hang on her wall. After buying tons of stuff, the fun was deciding how to hang it all! It turned out awesome and I was right in my element!
John and Bryan went fishing with John's dad and a couple of grandpa's brothers, so it was a guy's trip for sure. They fished all day everyday and cooked out at night. I would have been completely bored out of my mind if I would have went!!
After spring break we settled back in, just to get into another project - Yard Sale! I have waaayy too much stuff! I like having a yard sale but hate getting it ready and putting it up. One thing this time that consumed so much time was pricing a lot of new clothes. I have been saving Bryan's clothes ever since Andrew has been born. I have finally come to the realization that with there being 6 years difference in them that clothes styles are different now, plus, the size 4T clothes that Andrew doesn't even fit into yet, Bryan wore when he was probably 3y, and that was in 2001. Almost 10 years ago. So.....I went through all of the clothes I have been saving and was able to make myself put out about half of them. Lots sold and I am glad to have that extra money. Andrew does wear some of the hand-me-downs, but he gets lots of new stuff between me and 3 grandmothers!
Spring Break is over, Yard Sale is over and baseball and school year end is in full swing. This week we have 2 games and a practice I think, plus Bryan has a field trip at school that I am going on with him. It's an all day deal too, so that day is gone. It's teacher appreciation week, and there is something going on everyday for that. John has a class one day a week for work and catering is also busy.
I have embarked on a semi-new adventure myself - - Clean Queens. Since I have been out of work with Andrew, I have been cleaning a few houses here and there, but with Andrew pretty much in school full-time I felt like I had the time to devote to more. I really can't go back to work full-time anywhere so, I talked with one of my friends, who is also out of work at the moment, and we decided to start a cleaning business. Its something new and we do not have any regular clients just yet, but we have already cleaned one house! We have our business cards on order and still have lots of things to plan and discuss to get things rolling.
Summer vacation is almost here. The kids have like 18 more days of school and my Bryan is almost a middle-schooler! It's so hard to believe my baby is almost in 6th grade! It really does not seem like he is almost 12 years old. He is such a sweet boy and a great big brothers. Andrew loves and cherishes him so much. He looks up to Bryan and wants to do everything Bryan does, and is in Bryan shadow or stuck to his hip almost always.
We do not have the whole summer planned out just yet, but we do know for sure (God willing) that we are going to Kentucky for a Wells family reunion and then from there we are going to take the camper and camp a couple of different places and end up in Washington DC! Should be an interesting trip with Andrew in tow, but I think it's a good age for Bryan. The one family vacation we still want to take and haven't is Disney. I think we may have waited too long for Bryan, but when we thought Bryan was old enough, Andrew was born, and then it just hasn't been in the cards since. I think we will all have a good time on this vacation though.
Well, that's about it from the Whetstine house! Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment